The criteria for the competition is as follows:
- The judges will be looking for the most entertaining and magical performance of close-up magic in a formal setting.
- The duration of the act should be a minimum of six minutes and a maximum of eight minutes.
- Any act finishing outside of these times will be automatically disqualified.
- Technique, presentation, content and appearance will be taken into consideration.
- Originality will be considered only for the Originality Prize.
The competition performances took place in the Devant Room before a small invited audience comprising of laypersons and judges and was screened in the theatre for members to watch as well as to Facebook live.
The winners for 2018 were:
1st Place: Matthew Le Mottée
2nd Place: Simon Alexander
3rd Place: Billy Reid
The Originality Award was not given this year.
Photos by Mark Hesketh Jennings
Latest posts by Gordon Drayson (see all)
- Broken Wand – Ricky Jay, aged 72 - 26th November 2018
- Jury says magician David Copperfield not liable for tourist’s injuries – Video - 24th June 2018
- Britain’s Got Talent magician Mandy Muden talks about her experience - 24th June 2018